Thursday, August 17, 2017

Nothing New Under the Sun

I've been keeping this blog for a few years now, and I haven't made any drastic changes to my landscape in awhile. That means that you may have seen some of these scenes before. Since I am the owner of this garden, my delight never wavers. Besides, I keep this blog as my garden journal. I like to look back at old posts, to see what was blooming at this time in the past. But that means you may see some repeats on here.

Monarch beauty on sunflower
Caladiums
Cut and Come Again zinnias
I won't apologize though. I appreciate any visitors to my blog, whether the've seen it all before, or not!

Queen Red Lime zinnias
Tequila Lime zinnias
Queen Red Lime zinnias
Late summer is a bit of a struggle for many gardeners. Flowers are fading, and it's still too hot for cool weather autumn blooms. I find that I depend on annuals to show me some pizzaz when the perennials tend to fade.

Sunflowers and stormy skies
Shady porch container
Tall Ribbon Mix snapdragons have been reseeding here for years
Caladiums
Hanging angel wing begonias, with common begonias in window boxes
Plus my hydrangeas are peaking about now. I do love these babies!

Hydrangea bouquet for drying
Endless Summer, lots of blooms hiding inside
Little Quickfire hydrangea
Little Lime hydrangea
Still, there's nothing really new to show off. But that hasn't stopped me, has it?

Radsunny knockout rose
Don Juan climbing rose 
Chinatown rose
Chinatown rose
Every monarch that shows up here is greeted with a photo op. I didn't raise any in the kitchen this year, my milkweeds didn't fare well enough to sustain them. I'll plant more next year, and hope for the best.

About to launch
Bedraggled beauty
And just because it isn't fresh news, it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy showing off my little patches of pretty, even if those patches are just repeats.

Sunset hyssop and rudbeckia
Caladiums and lamium
Plumbago groundcover
Thanks for stopping by anyway, even when there's nothing new under the sun.

Sedum Autumn Joy begins to bloom, and the pollinators can't wait
A place to watch the veggies grow
Bottle tree

9 comments:

  1. I did not know there was a "Little Quickfire". It is very pretty. Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Little Quickfire is still a nice size, and always covered in blooms. I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Little Quickfire was given to me to trial for Proven Winners, and I give it a very enthusiastic two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your late summer blooms and butterflies! Your gardens are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite a nut for butterflies, so I do everything I can to attract them.

      Delete
  4. Annuals, hydrangeas, roses -- all stunning in your late summer garden, Robin. Those of us who have blogged for a long time (for me it's nearly ten years)there are always repeat pictures. But gardeners don't mind. We just love looking at flowers whether seen before or not. You pics are beautiful. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm one of those long term bloggers myself, and I know that I never tire of it!

      Delete
  5. Your August garden is so full of beautiful blooms! I don't mind a repeat! My own blog will soon be 8 years old, and I have often repeated scenes through the seasons and through the years. I love your green bench and your blue bottle tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a long term blogger too, and never mind repeats. As a matter of fact, I look forward to seeing signature items from bloggers I've followed for years.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.