Friday, June 16, 2017

June Blooms

Let's take a walk through my June Garden, shall we? I won't start at the front door, that's too formal. Let's start at my arbor. It's one of my favorite spots in the yard because it attracts every bird in town. I think they like the perspective from up here. This robin was proclaiming loudly for all to hear that this was HER turf! The goldfinch below her seems to be asking if she'll share the birdbath at least. I've never seen a bird bathe there, but it is a popular watering hole.



Down below the arbor is another popular spot, only with the bees. June is when my lavender comes into bloom, and you'll find plenty of bees lapping up all the best nectar here. I've tried to get them to pose sweetly for my photos, but they are simply much too busy. 



Next stop is the patio, and there is lots to see here, especially my containers. My patio is a hot and sunny spot, and my containers here usually reflect that. I've discovered that there is no sense in using thirsty plants in this spot, because I'll just get frustrated with watering them constantly. I did make an exception for the Starry Night petunias, because they were simply too lovely to resist. 








Around the corner from the patio is a somewhat chaotic corner that I once called the butterfly corner. All of my garden is actually geared towards attracting butterflies, but this corner retains the name. It's a little early in the summer for most of the butterflies, but this 8 spotted forester moth did pose sweetly for me on the daisies. 








The west side yard doesn't hold much interest right now, only the evening primroses are blooming here. Soon the button bush will put out its interesting pin cushion flowers nearby. 


Now as we circle around the front yard, we can see the window boxes full of begonias. It's pretty shady in this small area, so I can sneak in some shade lovers here. The hydrangeas are starting to bloom, so my next post will surely have more of them to share. I only have three, but with so little shade, it's all I have room for. 





Now we've made it around to the front. It's a somewhat backward way to walk the garden I suppose. We won't bother with the east side of the house today, because that's the rose garden. Roses peak in May, and June is somewhat dull on that side right now. 




I hope you enjoyed your walk through my June blooms. Come back again! 


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - love seeing all those colorful blooms and the birds too. We have become avid bird watchers here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would call myself an avid bird watcher just yet, but there are certainly ones that I favor, especially coins for obvious reasons.

      Delete
  2. Lots of beauty around your house! What are the feathery plants in front of your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those feathery plants are amsonia hubrichtii. It has fragrant light blue flowers in spring, and in the fall turns golden. It's a favorite here.

      Delete
  3. Oh Robin...I love the views of your beautiful gardens and the captures of the birds and butterfly. Everything looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds and butterflies who visit my garden bring me much joy!

      Delete
  4. Great clematis is your last few photos. Do you have a name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tangle of two different clematis, Polish Spirit and Jackmanii Superba. And thanks so much for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.