Saturday, May 27, 2017

May Days

I've always been overly fond of the month of May, mostly because my birthday starts it off. But I also love it because it's just so darned pretty. It's such a lush and flowery month in the garden, full of gorgeous blossoms and fragrant scents. How can you not love it?



Here in central Ohio, May brings roses and peonies into bloom that tickle your nose with sweet scents as you walk by.







As the frost free date passes, it's time to fill containers.





The birds continue to frequent my yard. They especially love the branches of my climbing rose, and I often find them posing there. It sure makes for some fun photos. Soon I'll see more butterflies. They're just starting to show up here.





We've been lucky so far, with frequent rains to keep everything watered. Hubby and I both dislike the garden hose rodeo, so any time that rain does our work for us is a good day.




That leaves more time to simply enjoy the view. Really, isn't that the whole point of it all?




I sit outside most evenings with camera in hand, just waiting for something to catch my eye. I can feel my breathing slow, and my blood pressure go down.




These May Days are precious indeed.




10 comments:

  1. Your May garden is so beautiful, especially your roses and peonies! I also love to walk in my garden during late afternoon with camera in hand. This may be when I enjoy my garden the most, and it is certainly when I get the best images of my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite time to walk in the garden and take pictures is after dinner. The golden glow of the setting sun just sets everything off.

      Delete
  2. OMG Sooo many blooms...What will you have left for the rest of the year ha . Liking the cat mint I'm guessing it's some form of nepeta with the roses. Your captures of the birds are amazing !!!! I have some of the same flowers buried under brush and weeds right now...I'm just a little behind. Oh, to answer your question about the pink flowers their Honeysuckle Vine-Lonicera sempervirens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not actually catmint, that's my lavender patch!

      Delete
  3. I love your garden views and the hummingbirds...wow! Your captures of blooms and foliage are beautiful. Thank you for sharing such happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I get so much joy from making it my happy place.

      Delete
  4. Just beautiful. May is a month of promise and the beginning of true color in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May is really the peak of gardening, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. More stunning photographs from you, Robin. My favorite is the hummingbird. If your May garden is a preview of next month's garden, can't wait for your June posting. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always so pleased when I manage to capture a hummingbird photo, but I don't often have the patience to wait for him to arrive!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.