Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Glory of May in the Garden

Garden bloggers tend to rhapsodize over the flowers they find blooming in their gardens. It's pretty much the whole point of garden blogging, isn't it? And if you weren't a fan of ogling other gardens, you wouldn't be reading blogs like this. Blogging isn't quite as popular as it once was, but I stick with it mostly for my own kind of journaling. I often look back at my old posts for various informational purposes. So I'll continue to blog here. You just might have to excuse me for an over abundance of enthusiasm about the blooms that live here with me. That's why I do it.




The month of May is the highlight of the year here in Robin's Nest. I think there are many other gardens that can say the same. When you think of May flowers, I bet you think of roses, don't you? There's a good reason for that.





But there's so much more to the May garden.




So very much more! I go out the door in the morning, and I can hardly believe how lovely it all is.





Do you ever get moved over the beauty of your own garden? The other day, I went out and it just hit me how much I loved this little spot on the earth.




So excuse me, I'm off to enjoy my May garden, again! It won't be around for long, so I'm going to savor it.



14 comments:

  1. I always love seeing what's blooming in Robin's Nest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks my friend, wish you could visit it in person!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos - I love the bird shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phillip! I nabbed a hummingbird shot tonight.

      Delete
  3. I alway love visiting your garden because it is beautiful. We have snow on ours! The iris had just started to bloom and peonies are close, but I fear that they will freeze. We do get these late spring snows, but this one is a wee bit too late. You should enjoy your garden, that 's why you garden and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about the Colorado snow, that had to be such a disappointment!

      Delete
  4. Your garden photos are a feast for the eyes and I love your capture of the Blue Jay. You have such beautiful blooms for the month of May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. Blue Jays are new to our back yard, and I do love their bright coloring. Now to see a bluebird again.

      Delete
  5. A most enjoyable visit to your beautiful garden. I agree that May is one of the prettiest times in the garden. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I hope your May garden is just as lovely.

      Delete
  6. Your May garden is wonderful! Enjoy every moment you can in it. I love the image of the finches with the roses. It must have given you a lot of pleasure to capture that moment! Unfortunately, heat and high humidity have arrived here, so we feel more like summer now. I loved spring while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is slow to arrive here this year. Yes, I enjoyed catching mama and daddy finch on that branch, you see, their nest is nearby. Since then, I've captured several other birds in the same spot. It's a favorite lookout spot. And I almost had hubby cut it down as a dead branch!

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful photos! The house finches with the roses could be a greeting card. Also love the climbing roses, the different irises, and the Amsonia with blue bottles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular rose branch has attracted every bird in the neighborhood! And to think I was going to have hubby cut it off because it's dead. I guess I'd better leave it in place.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.