Monday, November 20, 2017

Fading Fall in November


Oh autumn, please don't go! I must admit, you stayed for an extra long visit this year. But it's never quite enough. Now November is nearly gone, and so are you. It sure was beautiful while you stuck around.





Early in the month, I still had flowers to enjoy. It wasn't very warm, but many of my flowers didn't care. They enjoyed the cool weather, and put out fresh blooms. There were even a few butterflies hanging around!











But then the hard frosts arrived. The flowers weren't impressed, but the foliage began to put on a show.





Soon, it got colder still. The trees were mostly bare. Finally there was only these last few flowers.




At the end of it all, I know the pear tree will finally put on a last hurrah. Then I know you're really gone. We had an extra nice visit this year, didn't we? I'll miss you till next year! Tell your brother Winter to be gentle on us this year, would you please?









4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots Robin. It is amazing how some of the flowers are still hanging on. I am loving your pine decorations. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lona! Straders has such beautiful greens, I’ve already gone back for more!

      Delete
  2. Hi Robin, your garden is lovely throughout the year, but I really enjoyed these fall images. I am sad to see autumn go. Winter has arrived in my part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is definitely my favorite season too, and I never like for it to leave!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.