Friday, December 29, 2017

December Sights

It's bitter cold here in Robin's Nest, as is much of the rest of the country. Nothing much is happening out in the garden right now, trust me. But I did capture a few of the last fall highlights out there. These same sights are almost a month gone now.







But that doesn't mean December is drab and boring. Instead of garden flowers, we have holiday decorations to enjoy. I don't actually decorate the outdoors for Christmas especially. Instead I put up winter decorations that will stay up till spring. It's nothing elaborate, just some winter greens in the planters.






Nothing fancy is also the theme for my indoors decorations. Normally we aren't even home for Christmas, so we keep it light and easy. Sometimes we don't even put up a tree, but this year we added a small, real tree.



To fulfill my desire for fancy decorations, I go to public spaces to see them. I let them do all the work, and I do all the enjoying. I checked out a shopping center...




the Franklin Park Conservatory...






and even my church!


Who needs fancy decorations at home when you can just enjoy them elsewhere? Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, whether home or away!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, Happy New Year! I like your evergreen arrangements! And how nice to be reminded of all the lovely public displays at Christmastime. All of those are gone around here now. I especially like the displays at the the Franklin Park Conservatory. Bitterly cold here this week, but no snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly agree with you, the light display at the Conservatory was just awesome!

      Delete
  2. Love your little tree, Robin. I keep my decorations fairly simple too. Wishing you a Happy New Year and a garden full of beautiful blooms in 2018. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little trees are SO much easier than large ones!

      Delete
  3. My Christmas decorations get less and less every year! It's a lot of work to put all that stuff up and then pack it away. I enjoy seeing all the decorations at other places, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s exactly why we stopped all the decorating, hauling all that stuff up from the basement made Brian whine! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love the poinsettia trees! Didn't make it to Longwood Gardens this xmas to see the show so I'm glad I got to enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that poinsettia tree was certainly my favorite part of the display!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.