Saturday, April 8, 2017

And Now It's Truly Spring

We've had a lot of ups and downs this year, but I think that's normal in spring. Other than the chilly start to today, it's truly spring, and looks like it. Isn't it wonderful? 




"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome"---Anne Bradstreet. I remind myself of this every year, when winter drags on, and I start thinking that I should live somewhere warmer. I'd miss the change of seasons, wouldn't you? Part of spring's beauty seems to be the long, cold wait to see it again. 




I suppose this is basically the same post I do every spring. Winter is over, spring is here, hurrah! Sound about right? But you'll indulge me, won't you? It's hard not to gush over spring, when it arrives in the most beautiful fashion. 




It's been pretty rainy, so garden time has been limited. I don't mind too much. There's not quite as much to do now as there will be later on. Luckily my assistant (hubby) is not working such long hours this year, and should be able to return to his helper role in the garden. He's already cut down the grasses from last year, planted out the cool season veggies, helped put fresh soil in my window boxes, and begun to cut a fresh border edge all around. I'm grateful. 




It's always so fun watching the bulbs pop up this time of year. And while I love them all, soon the tulips will be here, and they really are my favorite. Just don't tell the other flowers I said so. 




Then there are the perennials that like to bloom during the chilly weather. These are the brave souls, who don't much mind having a random few snowflakes flying nearby. I suppose you could call them the tough guys, but they're much too pretty to wear the label of tough. Maybe I'll just call them stalwarts. 







With spring's arrival, the birds are suddenly seen in abundance here in Robin's Nest. I must have all the best bugs to eat, and all the best nesting material. It was quite busy here in the yard today, as I watched all of them flit about while having my morning tea. 




And so it goes, spring in Robin's nest! 












6 comments:

  1. We have that exact birdbath! It was one of our favorites and we brought it during the move. The birds love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You have so many more blooms there than we do here. I just discovered today that my daffodils have bloomed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you blooms are absolutely beautiful Robin and I especially love your sedum and grape hyacinth combination in the first photo. Happy Spring and happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorite bloom combinations!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.