Monday, March 12, 2012

Garden Cleanup Day

There are gardeners who slip out into the garden even on chilly days in late winter. Not me! I'm pretty passionate about my garden, but I just can't take the cold. I need a warm day to make it work for me. Today was finally the day!
I'm not sure I've ever got this much cleanup done in early March. I went out to trim down the ornamental grasses, and just kept going. Now I am ready for the garden season to begin.
Oh the grasses did get trimmed down, the roses were pruned, the butterfly bushes were cut back, and all the dead foliage from last year has been cleared away. Everything is fresh, clean, and ready to go. And see how the garden rewarded me for my hard work?
Green things are coming up everywhere. Finding buds and blooms was like treasure hunting!
It felt wonderful to be back out in my garden once more on such a beautiful day. Now I am revived and renewed by the early arrival of spring. I've waited for this all winter!

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that you got out to do some garden cleanup. That was what we did this weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so beautiful Robin and your garden is showing it like this warm winter. It feels so good to get out and play in the dirt again.Your species tulips and crocus are so pretty.I love the hellebore though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to be back in the garden? I have been at it for a few days, and am hoping to get finished tomorrow. I have been raking leaves out of the flower beds as well as cutting back last year's growth, and putting them on a tarp, then dragging it across the street to my compost pile at the neighbors'. I am getting dizzy when I bend over, so have to take breaks. I need to go look at my primroses to see if they are going to bloom this year. I am enjoying some surprises, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.