Saturday, April 28, 2012

Blooms and Butterflies

Every year at the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus Ohio, they have a program called Blooms and Butterflies. I love it! Now I love the FPC anyway, but adding butterflies to their beautiful gardens makes it even better.
Isabella Tiger butterfly

Monarch butterfly
On this visit, there was an extraordinary number of butterflies about. We also got to witness the daily release of new butterflies, which thrilled me like a small child!
There were no small children there that day, which is quite unusual, so I took their place with my wonderment. The docent releasing the butterflies was asking questions of the group, and with me being a butterfly gardener, I often had the answers for her. I guess you could call me a butterfly geek, but it's a nomenclature I would wear with pride!

If you ever get the chance to visit the Franklin Park Conservatory, please do so, especially during the Blooms and Butterflies exhibit. You won't be sorry!

6 comments:

  1. My favorite place to visit. You got some pictures of a lot of different ones. Some I never got to see on our visit. They are just beautiful pictures of them Robin. Enjoy this week it is suppose to warm up girl. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you the other day, wondering if you were still posting and I am glad that you are. I have missed several of your posts, so I will have to look back on my list to see if you are showing. You garden is just so beautiful. Spring has been kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our garden is having trouble coming out of its winter sleep. It is unusually cold here in Holland still. We did have some sunshine on Monday and I see it helped a few plants.

    We are being asked to plant things that attract honey bees. They are at risk of being extinct. It is recommended to use many blue blooms as they go to them first and then others.

    I wanted to stop in to wish you a very Happy Birthday today! I hope you have a day filled with flowers and family love!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Toledo...these photos are spectacular, Robin!
    Sorry for the delayed update of my blogroll...got you now!
    Are you on FB? Find and friend me! Under Lynn Prefontaine Hopkins!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.