Monday, May 20, 2013

No Place Like Home

Every once in awhile I have to visit my hometown in Michigan, St. Joseph. If you are live there, or are familiar with it, you simply call it St. Joe. It's one of my favorite spots on earth.
I'm not sure why hometowns can mean so much to us. Perhaps it's tied up in the precious memories of our youth. But for whatever reason, there's no place like home.

Okay, so that's a cliche. But it doesn't stop it from being true. I'm sure most people are fond of their hometowns. But when your hometown is a charming little tourist beach town, it makes St. Joe even more loveable.


Recently I went back to spend some time with an old friend. I got lucky, the weather was perfect! And it's always wonderful to renew an old friendship.

I spent much of my time just wandering around the park and beaches. I'd read my book for awhile, then stop and just watch the world go by. And my camera was busy capturing everything.

And every night found me sitting at the beach watching the sunset. It's not a bad place to sit and wait, especially when the results turn out like this....
Goodbye St. Joseph Michigan, I'll see again in July!

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful spot you lived in Robin. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos and a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an idyllic place to spend a childhood! Thanks for the picture post card views!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.