Sunday, February 10, 2013

Swirling Sunset

My garden is still mostly asleep, so I decided to go back down to the pond for a winter sunset. This time, it was bitter cold, and the pond was frozen solid. It was just too cold to watch the sunset from anywhere but inside the car. I'd roll the window down, point the camera out, snap a shot, then quickly roll it back up again. I stayed for awhile this time, because the sunset slowly formed into a swirl as it set. I'll let the pictures tell the story from here.









2 comments:

  1. Robin girl these pictures are stunning !
    You caught it all as it went through different stages and it is spectacular!!!
    I would make sure to pick out the one you like the best and have it done as a print with pretty mat and frame .. it deserves to be shown off!
    Joy
    PS .. I haven't seen a colourful sky in so long I forget what it is like .. BIG sigh !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned this post of sunsets in a comment on my blog so I HAD to come over and see the photos. Glorious. A beautiful moment in time captured.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, I always love to hear from my readers! I'll respond by commenting back on your own blog.